New Picture Datatypes

miker1264 · 6986

paolone

Reply #15 on: April 14, 2020, 10:11:30 AM
I'll try to compile the other revised datatypes for 32bit tomorrow or by Wed.
I have updated sources for gif and ilbm and jpeg as well as picture datatype to compile for IcarosDesktop.
Thanks. I'd need for them as well.

salvo

• Legendary Member
  • Invalid Civil
Reply #16 on: April 14, 2020, 02:42:22 PM
thank you again miker :)

Software Contributor RNOPublisher, RNOArchive

https://amigamap.com/

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 04:37:43 PM
I have an updated GIF datatype that now works on 32bit and 64bit. I also have an updated JPEG datatype that can load 8bit grayscale and 24bit rgb. And I have nearly completed ILBM datatype and an updated picture datatype which will allow to use "Save As IFF" in MultiView to save images as an ILBM.

These are all coming soon for AROS 32bit.

salvo

• Legendary Member
  • Invalid Civil
Reply #18 on: May 04, 2020, 07:05:23 PM
thank you miker

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #19 on: May 04, 2020, 11:18:55 PM
I have an updated GIF datatype that now works on 32bit and 64bit. I also have an updated JPEG datatype that can load 8bit grayscale and 24bit rgb. And I have nearly completed ILBM datatype and an updated picture datatype which will allow to use "Save As IFF" in MultiView to save images as an ILBM.

These are all coming soon for AROS 32bit.

Ciao miker, are there also 68k versions for AROS 68 and OS3?

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #20 on: May 05, 2020, 12:23:19 AM
Yes. There are compiled 68k versions as well. The GIF datatype hasn't changed for 68k only compatibility for 64bit. The JPEG datatype doesn't read 8bit grayscale correctly on 68k yet for some reason so it isnt quite ready yet. There are experimental 68k versions of ILBM datatype and picture datatypes for 68k.

I'm not sure AROS 68k datatypes work on OS3.

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #21 on: May 07, 2020, 04:47:29 PM
I forgot to mention that I'm also working on Save Functions for TARGA and PCX datatypes. TARGA dataype works so I'll compile it for 32bit and 64bit and 68k soon.

I was told previously that if my sources have been committed then I don't need to post the binaries. But I disagree. So I will make an effort to post all the modified datatype files to AROS Archives?

I also have a version of MultiView that uses Save As PNG as well as Save As IFF. I'll post that one as well for you all.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:51:42 PM by miker1264 »

salvo

• Legendary Member
  • Invalid Civil
Reply #22 on: May 07, 2020, 05:48:58 PM
thank you miker

aha

Reply #23 on: May 10, 2020, 01:23:41 PM
This is brillant. Thank you, miker1264!

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #24 on: March 05, 2021, 05:27:25 PM
Hi miker, is there any news about TIFF datatype 32Bit? TIFF images are not supported by Multiview and PicShow on AROS.

With BMP Datatypes, does saving files in IFF work on 32Bit systems?

Thanks again for everything you do :)

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #25 on: March 05, 2021, 06:34:45 PM
Hi miker, is there any news about TIFF datatype 32Bit? TIFF images are not supported by Multiview and PicShow on AROS.

With BMP Datatypes, does saving files in IFF work on 32Bit systems?

Thanks again for everything you do :)

Not sure about TIFF datatype. I'll look into that. I suppose I would start by supporting Baseline TIFF 6.0 then add to it. I will start a TIFF datatype. But I will need some good TIFF Images for testing the datatype.

I might also look at adding "WhichPicture" & "NumPictures" Tags to picture datatype so that INFO datatype may work as intended.

When you mention BMP datatype you have to be more specific. There is Windows Bitmap (BMP) and Amiga ILBM.

I added DT_WRITE to picture datatype so it is now possible to use MultiView to Save As IFF. At the moment it is limited to ILBM images of 8bitplanes and below. I haven't yet added the code for ILBM Deep Images of 24bitplanes. That will be added.

I haven't committed the changes for this yet. I had a disagreement about the format of the BMHD whether it should be an array of 10 WORD values or as I originally had it an array of 20 bytes using bit shifting. I can compile it as is. It works.

It also works to Save As IFF in 68k.  ;)

P.S. - As soon as I make a new png app icon and ss soon as I set up my ABIv0 Build System I will compile my version of MultiView that can Save As IFF and Save As PNG. Some developers feel that MultiView should be "Pure" and not contaminated with new features. So this version will be the "Unofficial SuperMultiView.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 07:57:26 PM by miker1264 »

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #26 on: March 07, 2021, 08:27:15 PM
I have started a project for TIFF Datatype.

Initially it will support Baseline TIFF then Extended TIFF.

TIFF File Format supports storing multiple images.

This should be fun!  :)

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #27 on: March 07, 2021, 10:16:31 PM
Thanks miker, since you are so good in graphics, can you tell me why a TGA image saved by XnViewMP I see it upside down (opposite) see screenshot, if instead I save the TGA image with IrfanView is instead perfect!

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #28 on: March 08, 2021, 04:02:42 AM
Thanks miker, since you are so good in graphics, can you tell me why a TGA image saved by XnViewMP I see it upside down (opposite) see screenshot, if instead I save the TGA image with IrfanView is instead perfect!

AMIGASYSTEM

As far as I recall the Targa File Format is very similar to Windows Bitmap. The scanlines are stored upside down so that the first line in the image is on the bottom. I believe the pixel elements are also swapped so that RGB becomes BGR.

So if the graphics program saving the Targa File neglects to Flip the Image then the first scanline will be on top now instead of on the bottom. Any other graphics app trying to read that Targa file will naturally expect to read from bottom to top. So the bad Targa Image will appear to be upside down.

AROS Targa Datatype can save Targa Images. Well, at least mine can. Did I commit my changes for Save Targa? I will commit it.  :)

The Targa Datatype and PCX Datatype are both part of Contribs so I may simply release the revised dataypes on AROS Archives and Aminet for AROS 32bit, 64bit, and 68k. I may do the same with the revised JPEG Datatype I have. It can load 8bit black and white JPEG Images as well as 24bit RGB. But it can only save 24bit RGB. I suppose I could allow it to save 8bit JPEG if we have an 8bit Image to save. But I believe loading 8bit is good.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 04:11:44 AM by miker1264 »

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #29 on: March 08, 2021, 05:38:51 AM
AMIGASYSTEM

The AROS TIFF Datatype is coming along nicely.

TIFF Files contain multiple IFD's which are Image Directories. But AROS can't display multiple images using datatypes.

To limit the scope TIFF Datatype will only Read RGB TIFF Images and it will only Read the First IFD. It will only Write RGB and only the First IFD. TIFF File Format cam be rather complicated. It seems about as complicated as JPEG File Format is to me. But I have good sources of information.

I have started writing TIFF Datatype the way I usually do. I set up the directory for TIFF in my build system umder "Classes/Datatypes". I copied all files from PNM Datatype which seems like the most basic, simplistic datatype. I'm only using the structure of PNM as a starting framework. I modified all the files to comply with building TIFF though internally it's still PNM. I also changed the TIFF.dtd datatype descriptor. Then I did a make for tiff datatype and it built correctly.

Now I can just focus on LoadTIFF and SaveTIFF functions.  :)