Request: a command to change sound volume

paolone · 3107

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #30 on: February 04, 2021, 05:10:40 PM
@paolone

Where is the driver located? Binary or sources?

I assume it is for 32bit and for VMWare.

I'm using VirtualBox. I haven't tried HD Audio.

Is the sound utility app connected to your nice volume adjust gui? I like the simplicity of it. And I like the idea of a Titlebar gadget for sound.

I can do some testing.

paolone

Reply #31 on: February 05, 2021, 12:16:51 PM
@paolone

Where is the driver located? Binary or sources?

I assume it is for 32bit and for VMWare.

I'm using VirtualBox. I haven't tried HD Audio.

Is the sound utility app connected to your nice volume adjust gui? I like the simplicity of it. And I like the idea of a Titlebar gadget for sound.

I can do some testing.

You'd better ask Aggressor instead. You might help him debugging/finalizing it, THEN, I can link it to my GUI.

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #32 on: February 05, 2021, 03:59:15 PM
@paolone

Thanks for the tip. I'll ask Agressor if I can help testing the sound volume control. I believe it goes hand in hand nicely with the work deadwood is doing improving hdaudio.

On the subject of this thread earlier someone mentioned placing a Sound Gadget in the Titlebar?

I think it's a good time to think about User Gadgets for AROS Titlebar? More on that later. ;-)

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #33 on: February 05, 2021, 04:12:01 PM
@paolone

If you think of it we already use Titlebar Gadgets even if we don't realize it. There are two defined areas: System Gadgets and Gadget Strings on the Left Side with the AROS System Graphic and User Gadgets and Gadget Strings such as Date & Time on the Right. The Depth Gadget is part of Standard Gadgets like Window Gadgets.

I envision a more modern full featured set of User Gadgets much like Mac OS X or like perhaps Linux.

If we make GadgetMenu a seperate app and copy it to WBStartup or in startup-sequence then double click on the Titlebar could activate the menu. I like that idea. No Prefs required. And I like the idea of a Sound Gadget in the Titlebar.

I'll demonstrate this in another thread. Thanks for your time.

Have a good day! :-)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 04:43:42 PM by miker1264 »

paolone

Reply #34 on: February 22, 2021, 09:30:26 AM
@paolone

If you think of it we already use Titlebar Gadgets even if we don't realize it. There are two defined areas: System Gadgets and Gadget Strings on the Left Side with the AROS System Graphic and User Gadgets and Gadget Strings such as Date & Time on the Right. The Depth Gadget is part of Standard Gadgets like Window Gadgets.

I envision a more modern full featured set of User Gadgets much like Mac OS X or like perhaps Linux.

If we make GadgetMenu a seperate app and copy it to WBStartup or in startup-sequence then double click on the Titlebar could activate the menu. I like that idea. No Prefs required. And I like the idea of a Sound Gadget in the Titlebar.

I'll demonstrate this in another thread. Thanks for your time.

Have a good day! :-)

Any working idea would be highly appreciated. My GUI would just pop-up somewhere on the screen like any other Zune-LUA based application, and I'd have simply added it to AmiStart on Icaros. But something AROS-wise (that would work also on any flavour of AROS) would be a far better solution, IMHO.