Author Topic: New BMPX Picture DataType  (Read 333 times)

magorium

• Convicted non contributor
Re: New BMPX Picture DataType
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 02:15:00 AM »
Does anyone have information about the format and proper layout of the datatype descriptor source file *.dtd used to make descriptors for new datatypes?
You could try and use the Dtdesc tool (and accompanied documentation) from Olivier which you can find here: http://archives.aros-exec.org/index.php?function=showfile&file=utility/shell/dtdesc.i386-aros.tar.gz

I've used the same information for my IFF scanner (and which seems to work as expected ... at least for datatype descriptors  :) ).

Don't get entangled/lost in similar descriptors and priorities though  ;)

miker1264

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 04:43:47 AM »
Does anyone have information about the format and proper layout of the datatype descriptor source file *.dtd used to make descriptors for new datatypes?
You could try and use the Dtdesc tool (and accompanied documentation) from Olivier which you can find here: http://archives.aros-exec.org/index.php?function=showfile&file=utility/shell/dtdesc.i386-aros.tar.gz

I've used the same information for my IFF scanner (and which seems to work as expected ... at least for datatype descriptors  :) ).

Don't get entangled/lost in similar descriptors and priorities though  ;)

Is dtdesc similar to createdtdesc?

I believe that the dt descriptor is related to the struct DataTypeHeader dth_Name, dth_BaseName, etc.

I've read about something similar for Amiga OS4 as dtdesc that has a user interface?

Thanks, I'll check it out.

miker1264

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2019, 04:44:40 AM »
thank you for your effort miker :)

Sure. No problem. I try very hard to make things work right.

miker1264

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2019, 04:47:17 AM »
When I have some time I will take a look at your sample images and test 1bit and 4bit images with the old bmp datatype and new one to compare.

There are some sample bmp images in the AROS sources.

I downloaded and opened your 1bpp images and some of my own. They all opened and displayed correctly.

Are you using Icaros Hosted or Native?

magorium

• Convicted non contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2019, 05:56:31 AM »
Is dtdesc similar to createdtdesc?
If i remember correctly it is similar in nature although if i recall correctly createdtdesc package is aimed at creating (picture) datatypes (as a whole, including makefiles). dtdescr is aimed at (only) viewing and creating the descriptor.

Although that in itself is not very exciting, it can be if you wish to create a new recognition filetype even though there is not an actual datatype in place. Or of course in case you wish to extend or 'overwrite' an existing descriptor (and in cases where you are not familiar with the build-system or wish to bypass that system).

I believe that the dt descriptor is related to the struct DataTypeHeader dth_Name, dth_BaseName, etc.
afaik that is correct. The accompanied readme implies as such  :)

I've read about something similar for Amiga OS4 as dtdesc that has a user interface?
I'm sorry to say that i'm not that familiar with OS4 tools/utilities so unfortunately i'm unable to tell.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
As long as it is useful to/for you then i'm glad i was able to help.

miker1264

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2019, 03:30:52 PM »
I've not made much progress with some other datatypes. But the good news is that BMP DataType is working. So I'll continue work on it.

I'll release the final version 1.0.0 later today and the source code for it under AROS License.

salvatore

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 08:04:45 PM »
than's :D

miker1264

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2019, 05:25:59 AM »
Here is the final release of version 1.0.0 for New BMP DataType.

In a future update I may add support to Load and Save 16bit, Save 1bit & 4bit, & Loading OS2 bitmaps.

miker1264

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2019, 03:25:19 PM »
Here is the metamake file for 64bit. I haven't tested it yet. Let me know if it works. ;-)

salvo

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2019, 05:28:15 PM »
Thank you miker :D
Icaros on HP Z600