Author Topic: How to enable RTG in AROS?  (Read 95 times)

hth313

How to enable RTG in AROS?
« on: May 20, 2019, 01:20:20 AM »
I want to try RTG on AROS on my A3000 with Retina BLT Z3, but I do not understand how I am supposed to enable it.

I have been told I can just put the .card and .chip files on the command line, but that only seems to work when using AROSBootstrap, which contains some code internally to load (LoadSeq) files given on the command line.

When running in a ROM setup, there is not AROSBootstrap. In my case I using a MMU mapped RAM to appear as ROMs, so it is similar to having real ROMs.

There is a kernel command line inside AROS, but that does not seem to work with RTG. I looked around and I cannot see it loads any files given on the command line. Besides, it would mean that I need to recompile my own AROS kickstart with hardcoded path to my RTG files. I got the impression that AROS kickstart is supposed to be generic, so this is probably not a good practise anyway.

It seems to me that AROS internally looks for either a .card file among existing libraries, which I assume is the way AROSBootstrap gets it there (it loads them to memory and AROS kickstart finds it and adds it to the library list).

Failing to find and .card file, AROS tries to find some RTG ROM, but on my machine it does not find anything like that.

Given that a user have flashed/burned AROS ROMs, how is (s)he supposed to enable RTG? Is there some command to do it after it is up and running?

wawa

Re: How to enable RTG in AROS?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 04:16:00 PM »
none will know here..