Author Topic: Hello, I'm back...  (Read 1000 times)

LuKeJerry

Hello, I'm back...
« on: December 18, 2018, 11:19:47 AM »
... as I just couldn't stay away from AROS (-;

I'm spending more time with old Amiga hardware these days, but I'm finishing setting up a silent* AMIGA 3000D with RTG, so I plan to test AROS-68K on it.

Cheers

// LuKeJerry

* - for hardware curious: A3000D with BuddhaIDE (to use CF cards instead of the noisy SCSI HD), 9dB NOCTUA fan on the power supply to reduce fan-noise, VA2000 RTG card from Lukas "mntmn", stock 68030 16Mhz (overclocked to 25) and 16 MB FastRam on a SIM-ZIP adapter.

nikos

• aspireos
Re: Hello, I'm back...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 11:42:54 AM »
Welcome back Luke. Nice to see you :)

ntromans

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 08:32:43 PM »
Oh yes, silent computers are very nice. The hard drive in my Samsung netbook recently died, and I decided to replace it with a 0.5 TB SSD, which I'm pleased to say gave me no probelms in setting up with AROS. The original drive was hardly noisy, but I've been pleasantly suprised at how much I notice its complete silence. As a bonus, it's also helped battery life too.

Cheers,
Nigel.

LuKeJerry

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 10:24:13 PM »
Welcome back Luke. Nice to see you :)

Thanks Niko! Nice to see you're still around n' rocKing with AspireOS :)

trekiej

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 02:11:31 AM »
Welcome back, I have been trying to buy as much as I can to support the Amiga world.

LuKeJerry

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 09:41:12 AM »
Oh yes, silent computers are very nice. The hard drive in my Samsung netbook recently died, and I decided to replace it with a 0.5 TB SSD, which I'm pleased to say gave me no probelms in setting up with AROS. The original drive was hardly noisy, but I've been pleasantly suprised at how much I notice its complete silence. As a bonus, it's also helped battery life too.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Oh, you just reminded me that I have recently acquired a SAMSUNG notebook as well! It should be really similiar to the ACER netbook that was advertised to be almost fully supported by AROS. Need to install latest Icaros on it... too many projects, too little time (:

ntromans

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 07:34:27 PM »
Oh, you just reminded me that I have recently acquired a SAMSUNG notebook as well! It should be really similiar to the ACER netbook that was advertised to be almost fully supported by AROS. Need to install latest Icaros on it... too many projects, too little time (:

They are really nice machines; mine runs AROS smoothly with almost no issues at all. The one problem I do have is I have to use a very old version of i8042.hidd as the trackpad woudn't work with the newer one. Anyway, all the best with your A3000 rejuvination - they were a real powerhouse back in the day.

Cheers,
Nigel.