Black Screen With No Cursor, When Booting Live Icaros Install

AmigaCommand · 1448

terminills

When you boot the default, does it display anything or monitor just "shows" the text "not optimum mode recommended mode 1360x768 60hz"?

It displays a gray box that goes around the screen saying, "not optimum mode recommended mode 1360x768 60hz".

It's trying to run the video card in a mode unsupported by your monitor which could simply mean the driver isn't negotiating supported modes correctly.   Did you try VESA mode?   add vesa=1024x768 to the grub line and see if it works.

Here's a reference to the same issue under windows.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/not-optimum-mode-recommended-mode-1360x768-60hz.2942240/

Glinx

Of course. AROS download page:
https://aros.sourceforge.io/download.php

Retired.. and working harder than ever

OlafS3

The only currently active developer there is M. Schulz. Kalamatee currently is not as far as I know. The third I do not know.

terminills

The only currently active developer there is M. Schulz. Kalamatee currently is not as far as I know. The third I do not know.

You can view donations in two different ways.  Either as incentive to keep working or a thank you for previous work.

Glinx

That is a very good point, thank you.
I will see how far the beer money goes!

salvo

• Legendary Member
  • Peace an Love
It would like to open a fund for Odyssey Web is an essential software, at the moment it still works with some restrictions but it would be optimal to find someone who deals with maintenance

IcarosDesktop on HP Z400 Workstation

salvo

• Legendary Member
  • Peace an Love
Terminills If we open a fund for Odyssey Maintenance you would be available to take care of :-\

IcarosDesktop on HP Z400 Workstation

Glinx

This must be the best hijacked thread ever!!

Just to conclude my donation experience..
Being a aros newbie of only three weeks (previously in linux for past 17 years) and with my interest currently in 32-64bit (ABI v0 or 1, as both are very much required!!), I have made three donations to developers that have been active during my short time here (from looking at github and of course icaros)

deadw00d
kalamatee
Paolo Besser

I appreciate there are many others before my time here and I thank them for all there past hard work.

There was another entry on github by one another. It was just one comit, so I feel I should wait and watch for future developments.

Anyway, that was my findings after some googling for current 32-64bit development.

I made contact with Jason McMullan for ahci sata improvement, but unfortunately he is still under contractual obligation's.

In the spirit of open source development, I thank you for your hard work and the enjoyment it gives me!

PS I would also support beer money for OWB If fundraising starts.

terminills

Being a aros newbie of only three weeks (previously in linux for past 17 years) and with my interest currently in 32-64bit (ABI v0 or 1, as both are very much required!!), I have made three donations to developers that have been active during my short time here (from looking at github and of course icaros)

deadw00d
kalamatee
Paolo Besser

I appreciate there are many others before my time here and I thank them for all there past hard work.

There was another entry on github by one another. It was just one comit, so I feel I should wait and watch for future developments.

Anyway, that was my findings after some googling for current 32-64bit development.

I made contact with Jason McMullan for ahci sata improvement, but unfortunately he is still under contractual obligation's.

In the spirit of open source development, I thank you for your hard work and the enjoyment it gives me!

I always thought attaching a fund to the old papercuts concept would help with fixing a lot of the smaller bugs. 

paolone

deadw00d
kalamatee
Paolo Besser

Many thanks and sorry for the late answer.