Reply #135 on: June 22, 2022, 10:30:48 AM
I USE Scalos from contrib

what version?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #136 on: June 22, 2022, 11:09:22 AM
If you use the Standard Scalos AROS 68k version, you will have the same problerms as AROS x86, see screenshot.

With Def_Icon AROS native, you get the right icons and tool assigned, but if you use other Icons like Glow Icon, Power Icon or Icon PNG, they will be ignored and therefore not displayed.

On your system you probably mixed OS3 files and settings, so all tests will not match those done with just the AROS tools

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 08:31:58 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #137 on: June 22, 2022, 07:36:26 PM
One more attempt to configure AROS One Scalos, this time with a simple trick I bypassed the saves of the various Scalos preference, and now everything works "unobtrusively.

Def_Icon DualPNGs from AROS One and associated AROS One tools are now recognized.

The trick will probably work with AROS x86 as well.

- Menu Scalos + Menu AROS
- File Type
- Pattern
- Palette
- Pattern

However, the problems of saving Scalos Prefs, graphical artifacts on DualPNG icons, and slow icons in windows on the Workbench remain
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 07:41:22 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #138 on: June 23, 2022, 06:48:49 AM
@deadwood

On AROS x86 the trick used on AROS 68k partially worked, I created a video that shows that Scalos by default already has many associations configured, which use AROS def_icons and their tools.

From the video you will be able to see that if you reset File Types Prefs, all associations and DualPNG def_icon icons on the system are enabled, but then once you save the preference file "deficons.prefs" it will not be recognized when you reopen File Types Prefs.

On AROS x86, I also reconfirm the Scalos prefs problem, on AROS 68k however Scalos Prefs works fine

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SOVluNpxQHuqfFer9UPfrQlneMdnqYB0/view