AROS One x86 Work In Progress

AMIGASYSTEM · 19299

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #420 on: January 24, 2023, 08:10:11 PM
Thanks, with AROS One 2.0 I revamped the info logo by giving it some green so it matches the GUI, and a new logo for the installAROS, of course all done by hand, I'm not a graphic designer :)

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #421 on: January 25, 2023, 01:00:33 AM
AMIGASYSTEM

I would like to update LunaPaint with the new code I have for datatype & bit depth conversion for picture files. It would also include Neuquant Color Quantizing. But the executable file is rather large to post on Aminet or Archives.

Would you like to include it in your AROS One x86? The downloads for your distro are large enough that one more package won't make a big difference.  ;)

It will take several weeks to complete the changes though all the code already exists. I just need to update it all to make it more cohesive. I also have to spend time testing.

The original author Mons00n did a great job with LunaPaint. When the datatypes code is completed I will use it for all my picture file conversions. The user can select from several background tiles & a few different logo files for "about" box.
The original logo slogan was "Playing With Bugs" That will be the default logo & slogan. Though others are available.

It's just a substantial update for the datatypes conversions for picture files including support for my new TIFF datatype.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 01:12:22 AM by miker1264 »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #422 on: January 25, 2023, 01:06:40 AM
Yes with pleasure, I don't know if I understood correctly, should I put it in the Graphics folder instead of the old version, or separately ?

How big is the file, on Arosarchive I have seen archives larger than 150 MB !

http://archives.aros-exec.org/?function=showfile&file=development/cross/x86_64-aros-binutils-2.21.1-mingw64-bin.zip
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 01:14:45 AM by AMIGASYSTEM »

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #423 on: January 25, 2023, 04:19:15 AM
The compiled binary is only a few MB in size. Most uploads are much smaller.

I have to do a "clean" update of the sources to be able to provide a complete changelog for the update. I neglected to make a file called Project Notes to detail everything I did. Now I must re-create everything.  :(

Luckily LunaPaint is a small program. I'll compile the x86 version of the current build with the newest changes so you can try it out with AROS One x86.

Amiwell

• Legendary Member
  • Peace
Reply #424 on: January 25, 2023, 12:27:17 PM
yes miker you can put on archives lunapaint if anything contact deadwood ;)

Amiwell

• Legendary Member
  • Peace
Reply #425 on: January 25, 2023, 12:36:10 PM
thank's for your work for the comunity :)

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #426 on: January 26, 2023, 08:18:47 AM
As of Build D14 there are some interesting new features, one of them is the new datatypes to display images in the "webp" format, which is widely used on the Internet.

Of defaul could be recognized "webp" images only if they prente the extension, for AROS One I made a small change to the Descriptor and now "webp" images will be recognized even without extension, see screenshot.

For the new "webp" format I also created the custom icon def_webp.info

paolone

• Legendary Member
Reply #427 on: January 26, 2023, 09:04:54 AM
As of Build D14 there are some interesting new features, one of them is the new datatypes to display images in the "webp" format, which is widely used on the Internet.

Of defaul could be recognized "webp" images only if they prente the extension, for AROS One I made a small change to the Descriptor and now "webp" images will be recognized even without extension, see screenshot.

For the new "webp" format I also created the custom icon def_webp.info

Good. Are you committing the change to AROS repository?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #428 on: January 26, 2023, 09:13:12 AM
It is not really a modification of the Descriptor (made for all my Datatypes), I just disabled recognition by extension, the Descriptor does not support the two methods included at the same time.

The procedure adopted on AROS One, as on OS3, is that each file format (Graphics, Music and other file types) has its own Descritor and custom def icona, on AROS Standard there is only one def icon for all types of images, so my procedure is not in line with the standard.

----- Italiano ----

Non proprio una modica del descrittore (fatta per tutti i miei Datatypes), ho solo disabilitato il riconoscimento per estensione, il Descrittore non supporta i due metodi inclusi contemporaneamente.

La procedura adottata su AROS One, come su OS3, che ogni formato file (Grafica, Musica e ltra tipologia di file) ha il suo Descrittore e la sua def icona personalizzata, su AROS Standard c' una sola def icona per tutti i tipi di immagini, quindi la mia procedura non in linea con lo standard.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 02:49:52 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #429 on: January 26, 2023, 02:48:31 PM
On AROS One 2.0 Successfully Preinstalled the new Core D14, Successfully tested a compilation of a C source with GCC 6.5, at the moment C ++ is not yet available, it will be soon !

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #430 on: January 26, 2023, 04:48:23 PM
On AROS One 2.0 Successfully Preinstalled the new Core D14, Successfully tested a compilation of a C source with GCC 6.5, at the moment C ++ is not yet available, it will be soon !

Great news! I was wondering about that.

On AROS One x86 versions 1.6 & 1.7 is gcc available in the shell to compile simple c programs?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #431 on: January 26, 2023, 07:14:51 PM
AROS One 1.6 does not have functional GCC, there is only Development of the standard Build.

AROS One 1.7 yes, GCC works from the Shell but there is GCC v6.30

AROS One 18 yes, GCC works from the Shell but there is GCC v6.5.0

AROS One 19 yes, GCC works from the Shell but there is GCC v6.5.0

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #432 on: January 28, 2023, 03:09:12 PM
Created small About App for AROS One x86, "About Aros One" is installed in the path Extras:AROS One, in this folder you will also find the English and Utalian Manual of AROS One and all the Installers of the System Icon and Disk Icon Packages.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #433 on: January 30, 2023, 03:43:23 PM
After finishing 3 "Full System" Icon Sets, also created 6 "Volume" Icon Sets (Disk.Info).

Here is a special installer will replace all volume icons on AROS One x86 with one click, you can see in the screenshot the 6 types of Icons.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #434 on: January 31, 2023, 09:09:11 PM
A few users have asked me to create a "Set Icon System" with the "old" DualPNG "Envelope" style icons from AROS One v1.0.
As soon as I have some time I will complete and make these icons available as well.

For those who don't know, all AROS One Icons are my creations, any suggestions or proposals are welcome.