AROS One 68k Work In Progress

AMIGASYSTEM · 3252

OlafS3

Reply #45 on: January 03, 2022, 01:39:32 PM
Good idea about the startup-sequence, with AfA One I used to create a standard installer that would install or overwrite all the files.
The problem is that when there are new settings or moving folders, I do it to have a logical order, in that case it's better to reinstall everything from scratch.

I wanted to create bootable DVD/USB like I did with AROS One x86, but on Real Amigas this thing is not easy to do, moreover installAROS seems to have problems, have you ever tried to install AROS with the new Nightly Builds on a blank HD either with WinUAE or with a Real Amiga ?

On Magellan I can do a lot of configuration. New software is added to menu (or indirect in filetypes). On Wanderer I am not sure if something like that is possible. You could f.e. add a directory added and only integrate there all additions. But if you want to change the structure and content of the existing directories it becomes complex to update. On Magellan in my distribution when I add something I can f.e. integrate it in the menu on top or integrate it in context menu of a file format.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #46 on: January 05, 2022, 12:56:18 PM
Icon.Library: New version of the famous library even more optimized for Amiga and AROS 68k OS, less memory consumed in loading icons and much faster in displaying TrueColor, OS4, AROS, MOS and PNG icons.

In this version a bug has been fixed in the delayed decompression of the second image found in the program ProcessIcon, and in the AROS 68k version has been removed all the code related to WB 3.1.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #47 on: January 08, 2022, 12:31:13 AM
On AROS One 68k It starts to work much better NetSurf SDL by Arti

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #48 on: January 09, 2022, 11:25:14 PM
For those who are interested in Italian language, I installed on AROS One 68k an old OS3 application called "Ital" that allows you to Translate from English to Italian, all documents in the file format Html, Guide and TXT , maintaining the original format.

The application works from Wanderer but also from Dopus4, with a single click the document will be translated and saved with .tra extension.

I enclose a small video that shows the operation of Ital on AROS One 68k

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ArLWe_HUq-CSJcP02JNfFpG2OgbFSBa5/view

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #49 on: January 09, 2022, 11:29:02 PM
Tested Amilator v0.7 also on AROS One 68k, even here you can see the videos in CDXL, MPEG and the original format Youtube

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #50 on: January 18, 2022, 10:39:42 AM
Here is how to see your Youtube videos with iBrowser and NetSurf on Amiga OS3, all this is possible thanks to the site "Genyt" that allows you to download and view in different modes the Video or only its Audio.

I attachan exhaustive video made today that shows how to use iBrowser to view youtube videos through Genyt, also on Netsurf the operation works but only on some older versions and with some problem because of the lack of the "serch" tab of Genyt.

Of course to do this you must have an expanded Amiga and the configuration of a player that supports the video formats available on "Genyt".

On AROS One 68k iBrowser doesn't work but NetSurf SDL works well even if as mentioned above the "search" tab on "Genyt" is not visible.

https://youtu.be/s-o3VDqnqtI
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 07:04:32 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #51 on: January 19, 2022, 09:45:32 AM
After deadwood's fix now all Applications that made use of the reqtools.library now no longer crash in the request file :)

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #52 on: January 22, 2022, 03:19:04 PM
Also AROS One 68k with the new Rom works well on Amilator 64 Bit, see screenshot

The only problem is that on AROS 68k on FS-UAE works only without "JIT" this leads to a significant slowdown of the system :(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 11:51:51 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #53 on: January 28, 2022, 11:10:33 PM
Found on Aminet a version of exe.datatype that works fine on AROS One 68k.

Now with Multiview it's possible to analyze all the "native OS3" executables and understand what they need to work, of course it won't work for "ELF" executables native to AROS, in this case you probably need an elf.datatype and a Multiview that supports it.

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #54 on: January 28, 2022, 11:52:40 PM
That's very cool.  8)

I like it. It seems quite useful.

Gundam

Reply #55 on: January 29, 2022, 11:44:58 AM
Found on Aminet a version of exe.datatype that works fine on AROS One 68k.

Can you give a link to the file ?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #56 on: January 29, 2022, 12:11:02 PM
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 12:25:33 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

Gundam

Reply #57 on: January 29, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
AROS One 68k can now play Midi music via both Hardware and Software.

To play MIDI files via Real or Emulated Hardware, you need to use Players like Multiview that take advantage of the Hardware, on AROS One 68k in order to play Midi I had to replace a system library and Datatypes with one taken from Aminet.

Which system librray did you replace ?

And which datatypes ? (provide links, if you took them from Aminet)

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #58 on: January 29, 2022, 05:46:23 PM
Now to play MIDI files on AROS 68k you just need to install the "midi.datatype" and "camd.library", I attach Aminet link.
If you are using WinUAE you must also activate Midi Out/In.

http://aminet.net/package/util/dtype/MidiDT

https://aminet.net/package/mus/midi/camd

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #59 on: January 29, 2022, 11:08:32 PM
Listen to RADIO On-Line with AROS One 68k 8)