AROS One 68k Work In Progress

AMIGASYSTEM · 3694

OlafS3

Reply #60 on: January 29, 2022, 11:54:39 PM
Listen to RADIO On-Line with AROS One 68k 8)

looks good...

what software do you use for hearing radio?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #61 on: January 30, 2022, 12:04:34 AM
As you can see from the screenshot I use AmigaAMP, an older version, the new one is slower but still works! The native WinAMP skins I customized Amiga/AROS.

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #62 on: January 30, 2022, 05:45:55 AM
AMIGASYSTEM

Does Media Vault work on AROS?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #63 on: January 30, 2022, 08:44:47 AM
If you are referring to MediaVault software, as far as I know there is only OS4 version, some time ago I also asked its developer if he was planning an AROS version, I attach link to discussion.

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1510766

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #64 on: February 03, 2022, 11:45:55 AM
RNOTune also successfully installed on AROS One 68k !

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #65 on: February 03, 2022, 06:57:57 PM
There is another interesting application that I found called NEXT Text Viewer.

It works on Amiga OS3.x but I'm not sure about AROS 68k.

It can load .doc and .docx files and extract the text portion to view. Not sure if it can save as plain text. That would be nice!

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #66 on: February 04, 2022, 10:26:58 AM
I know NEXT was already included in my distribution and it works on AROS One 68k, it supports but cannot save Doc files, Docx files are a set of zipped files, just rename it .zipper and from AROS One 68k it turns into a folder with all the files with a single click from Dopus4.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #67 on: February 16, 2022, 01:30:11 PM
Successfully tested the new version of AmiModRadio on all my OS3 systems, the developer yesterday afternoon HERE on EAB had asked me for feedback before releasing this new version.

This release finally fixed a strange bug "MUI_Redraw" that affected both MUI4 and MUI5, but during my tests I found the problem still on AmikitX, I wanted to investigate by comparing it with all other systems on which the error did not occur.

With a bit of luck I have immediately caught the cause of the error on AmikitX reporting it to the developer, you can read the report in the link attached above.

Today "tygre" the developer, has released the new version that fixes this last bug.

With some small tweaks for Zune I've managed to make AmiModRadio work properly on AROS 68k (see screenshot), too bad that the developer is not an expert on AROS x86 otherwise he would have made an AROS version.

AmiModRadio allows you to choose and run modules from various Servers and includes many Skins created by me that are installed in the AmiModRadio package.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 01:33:15 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #68 on: March 11, 2022, 10:22:07 PM
Installed the latest version Grimorium on AROS One 68k, now you can view all PDF documents in FullScreen or Windows mode, Grimorium provides great support for PDF documents.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 10:25:47 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #69 on: March 18, 2022, 10:41:29 PM
Peterk has created "2" new versions of Icon.library for AROS 68k, one of the two is "standard", the other named "HalfBrigh" allows to improve the quality on MorphOS and AROS native icons but also OS4 PNG single face icons.

I enclose a screenshot that shows the difference between the two icon.library, the standard one shows on the icon a standard OS 3.5/9 style Glow, not qualitative on RTG screens.

The other icon.library "HalfBrigh" instead on the same icon shows a dark glow !

OlafS3

Reply #70 on: March 19, 2022, 11:04:39 PM
I am for fun just doing my distribution based on Wanderer instead of Magellan

One thing I always liked about Magellan was defining filetypes. I can make a filetype like png with ending .png and define what happens by doubleclick and define context menues. I can not only start a program or cli command then but also use paramters. That was in fact my main work I invested in my distribution based on Magellan.

Can I do anything like that when using wanderer or just access multiview when having a file that can be shown by it?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #71 on: March 20, 2022, 07:39:01 AM
Wanderer is similar to Workbench 3.1 and should be used in the same way, file types can also be recognized individually via Datatypes and def Icons as it happens on OS 3.9.

Wandere is simpler and more intuitive than Magellan, of course it still needs to improve and maybe be updated to Workbench 3.9/3.2.

If you've tried AROS One x86, AROS One 68k works the same way, it's basically set up the same way.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #72 on: March 26, 2022, 06:26:46 PM
Also on AROS 68k I created two small scripts that allow you to recover "all" files deleted from the operating system by a simple click on the appropriate icon on any SFS or PFS formatted Hardisk.

The script as soon as executed will open Dopus4 with the path of the "deleted" files set, ready to facilitate copying the deleted files or to execute them.

All files that have been deleted several times will also be recovered, each of them having a different nomenclature.

The script settings recover files from the system partition, but with a small change volume name can be used for any other location, the script works on all AROS x86/68k, AMIGA OS3/OS4 and MOS Operating Systems that use these two Filesystems.

On AROS 68k I also installed the utility "UndElEtE" that works only for PFS that allows you to recover individual deleted files, see screenshot, there is also the source for a possible adaptation for the SFS Filesystem, or for an AROS x86 porting
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 06:32:35 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #73 on: April 18, 2022, 07:02:06 PM
Created a GUI with GUI4Cli to easily run the UHCTools scripts.

This was inspired by THIS video created by an EAB user that shows how to use the scripts contained in package UHCTools useful to download on the fly Programs, Games and Demos from various sites like Aminet, MOS-Storage, OS4Depot, WHDloadGames etc.

The scripts provided with HDTools allow you to search by file name, to view and download recent files on the fly, either in unpacked format or unpack everything on the fly on your HD or RAM in a very simple and fast way.

I enclose video created on OS 3.2.1 that shows the functions of my GUI created with GUI4CLI

https://youtu.be/2rimr4bNa1k

N.B. On AROS 68k the UHCTools scripts don't work because of the shell bug reported some time ago.

On AROS x86 I don't think GUI4Cli exists !
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:25:55 AM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #74 on: April 21, 2022, 05:22:04 PM
Installed or rather just set the package UHCTools on AROS One 68k also through a bank on Dopus4, I said set because at the moment the scripts of "UHC-Tool" cannot work on AROS 68k, but also on AROS x86 for the reason reported HERE

I enclose VideoTutorial that shows how to use UHC-Tool Scripts with Dopus4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2NpweUc5Mg
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 05:53:15 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »