AROS ABIv0 20180415 Development

deadwood · 5637

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #105 on: June 09, 2021, 12:19:24 PM
I checked in devs/datatypes and in fact there is a descriptor where the unrecognized extensions are missing.
I also found that without the descriptor Wandere still recognizes the ZIP and LHA Archives.

I tried with a hexadecimal editor to add the missing extensions in the descriptor but it does not work

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #106 on: June 09, 2021, 12:50:39 PM
Solved I've modified the descriptor adding the RAR and 7z extensions instead of the extensions not needed by Wanderer, now the LHA, LZX, RAR, TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, ZIP and 7z extensions are all supported by AROS One and all associated to ZunARC, see screenshot :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 01:12:15 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

deadwood

• AROS Developer
Reply #107 on: June 09, 2021, 07:50:30 PM
Glad  you were able to solve it :)

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #108 on: June 09, 2021, 09:33:15 PM
Thanks to your valuable information ;)

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #109 on: June 09, 2021, 11:11:45 PM
AMIGASYSTEM

Also, for future reference, for x86 you can use a tool included with DTCreationPackage. It is 'createdtdesc'. It's a cli tool for creating descriptors from .dtd files.

This is the tool I use for basic descriptor files outside the build.

If you try to modify the descriptor (binary) that doesn't work. Modify the text file (.dtd) then compile a new descriptor.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #110 on: June 10, 2021, 12:44:03 AM

Also, for future reference, for x86 you can use a tool included with DTCreationPackage. It is 'createdtdesc'. It's a cli tool for creating descriptors from .dtd files.

Thanks, if you give me a link where to download it dtdescr,  with what also you compile a (.dtd).

If you try to modify the descriptor (binary) that doesn't work. Modify the text file (.dtd) then compile a new descriptor.

Yes I know, but I modified the Descriptor with a Hexadecimal Editor, in this case if you respect the file size you can modify them

I am not a developer, but I am an old geek :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:57:20 AM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #111 on: June 10, 2021, 02:10:37 AM
Thanks miker, with your help I learned how to create a descriptor, I used "examinedtdesc" to decompile and "createdtdesc" to create the new descriptor.

Now if I can I will make the descriptor for the Audio, Video and Graphic files missing.

Despite my 67 years in life there is always something to learn.

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #112 on: June 10, 2021, 03:45:45 AM
Thanks miker, with your help I learned how to create a descriptor, I used "examinedtdesc" to decompile and "createdtdesc" to create the new descriptor.

Now if I can I will make the descriptor for the Audio, Video and Graphic files missing.

Despite my 67 years in life there is always something to learn.

You may be a little older than me but you are still quick on the draw!

I was just getting ready to upload the createdtdesc tool for you with some samples.  8)

I just used it to compile the new Targa Datatype for x86. The datatype is working!

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #113 on: June 10, 2021, 07:06:22 AM
Now I would like to improve the Descriptor, instead of having a single "Archive" for several formats, create a single descriptor for each archive in order to take advantage of the different icons.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #114 on: June 10, 2021, 10:40:58 AM
Done, now each Archive type has its specific icon and ZuneARC as a tool.

Now to complete I would need the Mask for some archive formats, this is to recognize the archive files that do not have an extension.

miker if you need it I created on Dopus4 two tabs for "examinedtdesc" and "createdtdesc" with a Click :)

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #115 on: June 10, 2021, 06:09:29 PM
@deadwood

I've noticed a strange problem in a particular path on 20180415, but also in previous versions

If from Wanderer go to the path Prefs\Env-Archive\SYS, and try to rename a def_ icons, the system crashes
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 06:14:03 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #116 on: July 04, 2021, 09:13:44 PM
Hi miker, I can't find the "Mask" identifier of the TGA (License Plate), in the binary file looking at it in hexadecomal I can't find any acronym, thanks for the help.

I finished all the graphic descriptors, it seems to work also the "TIFF/TIF" but I can't test it because I don't have the Tiff.datatypes

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #117 on: July 04, 2021, 09:42:33 PM
Hi miker, I can't find the "Mask" identifier of the TGA (License Plate), in the binary file looking at it in hexadecomal I can't find any acronym, thanks for the help.

I finished all the graphic descriptors, it seems to work also the "TIFF/TIF" but I can't test it because I don't have the Tiff.datatypes

There is already a working Targa Datatype Descriptor file. I will post it for you.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #118 on: July 04, 2021, 10:17:52 PM
Thanks, sorry my English was not clear, the Datatype Targa (the one found on Aros Archive) works very well, but it works only if you use the "Pattern=?.tga", but in this way the TGA files without extension will not be recognized.

I was looking for the parameter to add on "Mask=" in this way even files without extension would be recognized.

For all other Formats I have created the Descriptor with the right parameter in "Mask=", i just need the TGA

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #119 on: July 05, 2021, 12:04:55 AM
Solved, finally I found the right value to insert on "Mask", now the license plate files are recognized with or without extension, now I have completed, but I have to verify because some fle .prefs files are seen as images, I noticed that inside these files there are graphic extension names.