Wrong time on AROS after loading Linux

Yanosh · 814

Yanosh

on: June 27, 2021, 05:42:38 PM
Hi to all.  :) Since OWB stopped to be usefull long ago, I'm using Linux for web browsing. The annoying thing is that I set the clock to the right time, boot to Linux and then I come back to AROS, the time is always 1 or 2 hours later. How can I set the right time on AROS and keep Linux from modifying it?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 07:41:05 PM
Have you tried to use TimeKeeper, attach link

http://archives.aros-exec.org/index.php?function=showfile&file=utility/workbench/amitimekeeper.i386-aros.lha

OWB however has not changed, it always works the same way, sure some imperfection in the video links but you can still browse many sites, I use an old version V1.25 from 2016

Yanosh

Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 07:51:11 PM
Amitimekeeper sort of works, but then I must adjust the time anyway, because it's one hour behind. Then, after the time was set to the right one, it changes back to the wrong time... so I have to kill it before it changes the time back. I'm sure there is some settings to change somewhere but I don't know how and where. And trust me... OWB has become useless on MANY sites. Patreon, Deviantart, Youtube, Facebook and many others sites. Maybe you use sites that still works well on OWB.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 08:27:08 PM
Yes I use OWB only for what AROS needs, for the rest I use Firefox on Windows.

What settings do you have on Prefs/Locale Time Zone? Did you check "Hardware Clock Stores UTC"?

I have it set to "Rome" and I have one hour back, this is due to the "time legal" that Italy imposes from March 28/October 31 (you move the hands one hour forward)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 08:31:40 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 12:45:41 AM
Hi to all.  :) Since OWB stopped to be usefull long ago, I'm using Linux for web browsing. The annoying thing is that I set the clock to the right time, boot to Linux and then I come back to AROS, the time is always 1 or 2 hours later. How can I set the right time on AROS and keep Linux from modifying it?

It may be that AROS gets its time settings from the Host Operating System such as Linux when running AROS Hosted.

Check the time settings inside Linux as far as time and time zone. Make sure Linux Time is correct then check AROS time.

LOL. Linux Time and Date are ALWAYS WRONG on my Ubuntu Developer Virtual Machines! Worse than that...the months and days of the week are all in Italian.  :) :) :) Thanks @paolone

I've never changed the time or date. It's kinda cool like that.  8)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 12:53:04 AM by miker1264 »

Yanosh

Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 10:03:25 PM
@AMIGASYSTEM
I'll check the AROS setting later. Now I'm on Linux and I don't want to reboot just for this.

@miker1264
I don't use AROS hosted.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 10:27:52 PM
I don't use AROS hosted.

Me too do not use Host systems, i prefer to use a DualBoot with shared partitions, in my opinion an OS must run by itself without the need of help otherwise what's the point, for this reason AROS One doesn't include any Host procedure.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 10:32:44 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

Yanosh

Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 10:55:22 PM
That setting is on now and the time is 1 hour back. Before it was 2 hours back. Still need a way to fix this.