AROS One x86 v1.8 Released

AMIGASYSTEM · 1977

deadwood

• AROS Developer
  • Legendary Member
Reply #15 on: June 02, 2022, 10:25:25 AM
InstallAROS executed PROGDIR:InstallAROS-Post-Install script once the installation is complete. You could modify the HDD .backdrop file in that script once, instead of modyfing it at every boot. If you rewrite the file at each boot, if I user leaves out an icon, it will be reset after boot, no?

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #16 on: June 02, 2022, 11:05:20 AM
Yes it is true, but many users do not know .backdrop and would not know how to edit, maybe in the System folder I create a small icon that allows you to delete .backdrop in S: or delete both, or a readme explaining how to delete .backdrop
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 11:08:22 AM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #17 on: June 02, 2022, 01:07:50 PM
InstallAROS executed PROGDIR:InstallAROS-Post-Install script once the installation is complete. You could modify the HDD .backdrop file in that script once, instead of modyfing it at every boot. If you rewrite the file at each boot, if I user leaves out an icon, it will be reset after boot, no?

Found an ideal solution, now the .backdrop will be replaced only in the first reboot, I created a command in the user-startup that after the replacement of the .backdrop, the user-startup will also be replaced that no longer contains that command.

Also, I moved the OWB shortcut to AmiStart, this is to prevent it from working only for those who use the two partitions.

I will now test it with only one partition to make sure there are no errors
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 03:46:37 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #18 on: June 02, 2022, 05:12:04 PM
deadwood if you don't want to waste time modifying AROS One, I created 2 small Installers that should fix everything, among other things I added the reboot command on Amistart and system.

I noticed that on real machines it is convenient to reboot the PC without using the CTRL-A-Delete keys.

Made a small video showing how installer works.

https://youtu.be/IT8k4TXzDOg

deadwood

• AROS Developer
  • Legendary Member
Reply #19 on: June 02, 2022, 06:00:51 PM
Thanks, I'll apply the changes once I have some time.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #20 on: June 02, 2022, 07:22:30 PM
I attach 2 small installers, I made them separate because I am not practiced in creating installers, I had fun creating them with an Amiga utility and I would say it is well supported by the AROS installer, a half day effort but made with real pleasure.

I tested the installers on AROS with only one partition and they seem to work fine, if you find other bugs report them !

@ all
This update (a fix) and useful has installed AROS One on 2 Partitions (DH0 and DH1), those who use only DH0 as update will find different only the Reboot installed on Amistrat and on System folder.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 04:00:23 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

derek2210

Reply #21 on: June 02, 2022, 07:29:50 PM
Hi,

As mentioned in my intro message, I have just installed AROS ONE x86 v1.7 onto a Asus EeePC 1Gb ram, 8Gb/30Gb SSD, which had Linux. Replacing Linux with ARIS ONE makes the Net Book really usable.

I have installed the main AROS files to the 8Gb primary Master and leaving the 30Gb Secondary Master as a Work drive.

The omly problem I have is the WIFI is connected by a AW-NE766 PCI-E card, which does not have a AROS driver.

I was thinking about replacing the WIFI Card with a Atheros AR5B95 Card.

Would AROS be able to use this WIFI Card?

salvo

• Legendary Member
  • Peace an Love
Reply #22 on: June 02, 2022, 07:44:33 PM
it should fit the existing driver and for the 5000 series

IcarosDesktop on HP Z400 Workstation

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #23 on: June 02, 2022, 08:06:40 PM
Hi derek, thanks for installing my Distribution, please find all hardware compatibility HERE, you will also find the actual compatibility of your Asus EeePC .

derek2210

Reply #24 on: June 02, 2022, 09:12:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the link to the AROS HCL, the installed WIFI card is: RaLink RT2700E, I have found a second hand Atheros AR5B95, only 3.00, so when it arrives next week, I see if that works

Regards,
Derek

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #25 on: June 02, 2022, 10:14:12 PM
I have noticed that there is little information on AROS on the Web, HERE  they also make confusion they talk about Linux Icons on my AROS One, they probably have never seen a DualPNG icon and how it was created, also  HERE were a little bit inaccurate.

I am glad that on EAB da questa mattina ad ora hanno visitato in 1.700 la mia news su AROS One v1.7, Also the small video on AROS One v1.7 posted on Youtube night 31 already has 120 views.

I hope all this will serve to bring some users or developers back together and give the right information on the web
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 10:09:58 AM by AMIGASYSTEM »

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #26 on: June 03, 2022, 12:17:07 PM
AROS One x86 development and new future features continue on the thread "AROS One x86 Work In Progress" where the new future version AROS One v1.8 will be built :)

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #27 on: June 03, 2022, 06:23:44 PM
Hi,

As mentioned in my intro message, I have just installed AROS ONE x86 v1.7 onto a Asus EeePC 1Gb ram, 8Gb/30Gb SSD, which had Linux. Replacing Linux with ARIS ONE makes the Net Book really usable.

I have installed the main AROS files to the 8Gb primary Master and leaving the 30Gb Secondary Master as a Work drive.

The omly problem I have is the WIFI is connected by a AW-NE766 PCI-E card, which does not have a AROS driver.

Excuse me derek but you are the "doubledecca" user who posted HERE post number 56 ?

derek2210

Reply #28 on: June 03, 2022, 07:16:51 PM
Hi,

Excuse me derek but you are the "doubledecca" user who posted HERE post number 56 ?
Yes, that is me on EAB, I posted there because, this was here I found out aboy AROS One. Till I found this forum.

Sorry for the confusion.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #29 on: June 03, 2022, 07:50:40 PM
Yes, that is me on EAB, I posted there because, this was here I found out aboy AROS One. Till I found this forum.

Sorry for the confusion.

Okay, i needed it to give the right answer !