Machine boots dvd but HD-issues.

inc · 148

inc

on: May 08, 2021, 07:19:21 PM
Good evening.

So I am very very new with Amiga-related OS,software and hardware and because of that I` m not sure about how to do many things.
I tried booting the burned dvd with version 1.5 x86 and it worked well in vesa mode (AMD A6 with graphics on board) but I don` t know what to do
for it to find/mount hard drive and use it for install. Install-program shut down if I try as it complains about no hard drive or so.

Bios of machine do find the old SATA intel SSD and since it boots from dvd (SATA-connected) I know aros x86 do see SATA at least one of them..
My question here is how to find/choose/prepare disk?

I also tried booting it on a older Athlon x86 with a old nvidia 128mb AGP graphics,but did not even get to desktop on this one. It came past grub but then had some error message and asking to be shut off..  :) ,not sure what that was about,I guess I can try take a picture of the postings..And maybe I should try VGA out there,and not DVI..

Thanks in advance for any advice.

deadwood

• AROS Developer
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 07:32:06 PM
First thing to try out would be going to BIOS and switching SATA model to "Legacy ATA". This should make it possible for InstallAROS to detect your hard drive.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 07:48:02 PM
Hi inc, first remember to initialize the HD with InstallAROS, then after a reboot InstallAROS will automatically recognize its partition.

Follow carefully the attached video, in the video the installation is done on a Virtual HD but the procedure is similar also on a real HD.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x8rMCg73vp9PTI26Ai3s2C1UMOZ4hvvk/view

« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 07:51:25 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

inc

Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 08:08:58 PM
Thanks deadwood and AMIGASYSTEM for the fast reply. It did work after I switched from the ata in bios as deadwood suggested . Installing to drive now. (after the reboot)

Will be back with update. It does look like this A6 will be my first x86(64) Aros machine.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 08:11:15 PM
If it's my Distro AROS One v1.5 you're testing let me know if you find any problems that I can fix, thanks !

inc

Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 08:55:20 PM
If it's my Distro AROS One v1.5 you're testing let me know if you find any problems that I can fix, thanks !

Yes it is yours. I will keep you updated about my findings. Normally I deal with Linux,desktop and server , KVM/QEMU and so on,and I would normally just try this virtual in some way or form,but this time I had a few old computers I thought would be perfect to try on.

inc

Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 10:07:25 PM
It is in and boots. I manage to make it crash one time,but unsure what I did. At the moment I tried with HDMI. Will try the audio next time. Its all new to me so not sure where to perform checks and settings yet. Looking forward to dive into it.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 10:24:29 PM
If it can be useful HERE you can find useful information about hardware compatibility