Attempting to develop an IDE for the Amiga with Lazarus

danilos · 2387

aha

Reply #15 on: March 21, 2021, 10:38:28 AM
Danilos, it looks very promising. Keep up the great work.   :)

danilos

Reply #16 on: March 21, 2021, 11:14:13 AM
thank you AmigaSystem, it really isn't doing much at the moment. I am still learning how the controls, Lazarus and Free Pascal work.

I am creating a toolbar system to use in place of menus inside the main controls like the editor so that a user can operate them directly without needing to move to the main menu. This is because context menus do not work in the Amiga versions and I find it awkward to put all options in the main menu that then the user needs to navigate with many clicks.

The idea would be to offer most of the options as a number of toolbars placed at the top of the editor. I was also thinking that some of the controls like the object browser might become part of the same component.

I would be open to some ideas :)

danilos

Reply #17 on: March 21, 2021, 11:41:49 AM
thank you, appreciated

miker1264

• Legendary Member
Reply #18 on: March 23, 2021, 11:52:37 PM
@danilos

There is a Windows based IDE that I like to use for AROS 32bit. It's DevCPP. I use Scintilla Test Editor in Linux & ActiPro Code Editor in Windows 10 as well as SciTE for Windows 64bit.

I use it as an editor but there are two outstanding features that I really appreciate. Ctrl + G to GoTo Line and GoTo Function. It lists all the functions alphabetically by name. Another great feature is code completion especially for structs. Very helpful.

I don't use an IDE or Editor in AROS or Amiga. I edit code and compile it in Windows or Linux using the AROS Build System.

I do like the concept though. It's nice whenever we get new tools to assist us with editing and compiling new code.  :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 06:38:37 PM by miker1264 »

danilos

Reply #19 on: March 27, 2021, 04:51:51 PM
Hi miker1264, thank you for the suggestion, but the idea for me was to use the Amiga for the development, so I was looking to create an app to use to develop in Pascal directly on the Amiga, not on another platform. I am not keen to use C++ anymore, and I was trying to see if I could use some of the more modern tools available from Lazarus.

I have made some progress with the IDE, even though I still get errors when compiling for the Amiga. For some reason, I get the error that the Cairo unit is missing, and it fails to build the app. Perhaps it's my fault because when I clicked on clean up and build I did not uncheck "Package source directories"  (which is selected by default) and it might have deleted the original units.

I am not sure which are the controls that use this unit, I used the notebook, memo, and the IPro controls but I still get the error after removing them. Actually, I got several I had to rebuild the application because some of the classes I was not using anymore were still referenced somewhere.

So it's been an experiment so far but I still hope to come up with something. Now the open save and new item menus work, even though I must work on the configuration to be able to have them load correctly. I probably publish another version of the app if I manage to compile it for the Amiga

danilos

Reply #20 on: March 28, 2021, 07:26:21 PM
Hi,

I have managed to compile but, I am still having a few problems - I cannot switch debugging off even though I have updated the fpc configuration using ALB42's docker update script and the new item menu item (the only one that is supposed to work) raises an exception in AROS. I had seen some testing or warning messages before when using EditSyn but in this case, the exception prevents the dialog from opening. The dialog does not raise any exception in either Linux and Windows,  so it must be something specific to AROS.

I have uploaded the Windows, Linux, and AROS versions to https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidea/files/ if anyone would like to have a look. The version that works better is definitely the Windows version but the Linux version is quite close.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 10:06:36 PM
Hi Danilos, i am not expert with this kind of software, but on my AROS One it works fine !

If you authorize me I can insert IDE in my Distribution AROS One, thanks
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 09:14:53 AM by AMIGASYSTEM »

salvo

• Legendary Member
  • Invalid Civil
Reply #22 on: March 29, 2021, 10:43:20 PM
Thank you danilos very impressive works

Software Contributor RNOPublisher, RNOArchive

https://amigamap.com/

paolone

Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 08:41:06 AM
Hi,

I have managed to compile but, I am still having a few problems - I cannot switch debugging off even though I have updated the fpc configuration using ALB42's docker update script and the new item menu item (the only one that is supposed to work) raises an exception in AROS. I had seen some testing or warning messages before when using EditSyn but in this case, the exception prevents the dialog from opening. The dialog does not raise any exception in either Linux and Windows,  so it must be something specific to AROS.

I have uploaded the Windows, Linux, and AROS versions to https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidea/files/ if anyone would like to have a look. The version that works better is definitely the Windows version but the Linux version is quite close.

That's great. May I add this to Icaros Desktop?

danilos

Reply #24 on: March 30, 2021, 07:29:56 PM

That's great. May I add this to Icaros Desktop?

Hi Paolone, sure I'd love to. The app does not have the functionality of compiling enabled yet and there are still a number of issues with it, but I would love if it was worthwhile sharing. Thank you for the interest and support.

danilos

Reply #25 on: March 30, 2021, 07:35:09 PM
Hi Danilos, i am not expert with this kind of software, but on my AROS One it works fine !

If you authorize me I can insert IDE in my Distribution AROS One, thanks

Hi AMIGASYSTEM, sure it would be great. Unfortunately, you have probably seen that there are still a number of issues and at the moment I have not enabled compiling. I hope to add that functionality soon if I can manage to fix some of the major issues, but please add it to your distribution if you consider it worthwhile.
Regards

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #26 on: March 30, 2021, 11:33:48 PM
Thanks Danilos, also created the icons in two sizes, I hope they are to your liking
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 01:43:26 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

danilos

Reply #27 on: March 31, 2021, 07:34:14 AM
Thanks Danilos, also created the icons in two sizes, I hope they are to your liking

that's fantastic AMIGASYSTEM, thank you. Would it be possible perhaps to make a small modification to the name and add a lowercase a for AIDEa? Don't worry if that takes too much of your time, but then it would be perfect, thank you for the support.

AMIGASYSTEM

• Legendary Member
  • AROS One
    • AROS One
Reply #28 on: March 31, 2021, 07:51:24 AM
I had already corrected, replaced the screenshot, attach icons DualPNG
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 01:43:03 PM by AMIGASYSTEM »

danilos

Reply #29 on: March 31, 2021, 08:24:03 PM
I had already corrected, replaced the screenshot, attach icons DualPNG

Thank you AMIGASYSTEM very kind. I have found the reason for a couple of issues, I'll try to upload a new version asap, and I'll see if I can enable basic compiling :)